When you visit our websites, register for the Service, or request more information about GuardMetrics Services, we may request that you provide Personal Contact Data about yourself. Your personal contact data will be used by GuardMetrics to communicate with you about GuardMetrics service offerings as well as support related communications should you become a paid customer.
GuardMetrics collects Personal Contact Data such as name, title, phone number, email address, and mailing address. Additionally, when you sign up for a GuardMetrics paid service, we collect your billing information, including your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address.
GuardMetrics also automatically collects navigational information such as your browser including your browser type, referrer page, domain name, access time, entry page, exit page, operating system type, and search engine keywords used.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
GuardMetrics uses the information we collect through our websites to measure our business success, to identify effective ways to communicate with or educate our customers and prospects, to meet requests for certain product features and services, and to communicate about product updates and service incidents.
GuardMetrics does not use or access any data collected by customers using GuardMetrics services except when specifically necessary to perform support functions that may be required from time to time. GuardMetrics acts as an agent (the data processor) for each of our customers, in that GuardMetrics processes Customer Data only on the instructions from our customers (the data controller). As per our customer agreements, GuardMetrics does not access or make use of any data collected on the customer’s behalf except as necessary to provide our services to that customer. We do not aggregate, transfer, or otherwise disclose it to anyone but the customer, or pursuant to the customer’s instructions. We do, however, reserve a right to disclose data collected by customer if required by law or valid order of a court or other governmental authority.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your Contact Data when you evaluate GuardMetrics Services, register for a GuardMetrics account, or purchase GuardMetrics Services is based on the necessity to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract. Our legal basis for collecting and processing your Personal Data when you subscribe to receive GuardMetrics marketing emails is based on consent. There may be instances where processing Personal Data is in our legitimate interests (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote GuardMetrics Services, and to protect our legal obligations and interests.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
GuardMetrics will not rent, sell, or share Personal Data about you with third parties except to provide services that you have requested, when we otherwise have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- When we need to disclose Personal Data to third-party agents that work on our behalf in order to provide GuardMetrics Services, but only to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services. For example, GuardMetrics uses third party agents for infrastructure hosting services and payment processing. All such third parties function as our agents performing services at our instruction and on our behalf pursuant to contracts which require they provide an equivalent level of privacy protection as is required by this Privacy Statement and any applicable data processing agreement in place.
- When we need to transfer your Contact Data to provide you with a service or product you are requesting through a GuardMetrics business partner. For example, if you sign up for a GuardMetrics account through one of our authorized resellers, or if you request to be referred to a GuardMetrics partner for services not provided directly by GuardMetrics such as telecom and other services.
- When we conform to edicts of the law, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes.
- When you have violated our agreements for the GuardMetrics Services you are using or have used.
- When we act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers or the public.
- If we (or our assets) are acquired, or go through some other change of control, Contact Data could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
GuardMetrics acknowledges that you have the right to control your Personal Data, as provided by applicable data protection laws. Your rights include:
- You can request access, correction, updates, portability and/or deletion of your Personal Data.
- You have the right to object to GuardMetrics processing your Personal Data and request the processing be restricted.
- If you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place nor will it affect any processing that is required for legal obligations.
- If we are unable to solve your request to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
To exercise any of these rights, you can submit your request by contacting us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to: GuardMetrics 30725 US HWY 19 N. Suite 322 Palm Harbor, FL USA, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your privacy requests within 30 days and notify you of the action(s) we have taken or required steps to fulfill the request.
Your requests to access, correct, or delete Contact Data may be restricted in certain situations, for example, if fulfilling the request would compromise Contact Data about another individual, or if you ask to delete information which GuardMetrics, GuardMetrics business partners, or GuardMetrics account owners are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep such as that may be required by law.
If Personal Data pertaining to you as an individual has been submitted to us by a GuardMetrics customer, and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, or delete such data, please inquire with our customer directly and GuardMetrics will respond to the customer’s request within 30 days.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83- 1798.84, California residents may request certain information regarding GuardMetrics disclosures in the prior calendar year, if any, of their Personal Data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you can make such a request by contacting GuardMetrics. You must clearly state the nature of your California Privacy Rights request and provide sufficient information for us to process your request; at a minimum your name, email address, and California postal address.
At any time, you can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” located at the bottom of the email.
We reserve the right to send you account-related communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your GuardMetrics Service, and we do not offer you the option to opt out of these messages while you have a paid account with GuardMetrics.
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We use robust security measures to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. All information transferred within the GuardMetrics Service, customers’ deployed applications, and the GuardMetrics website(s) is automatically served through a secure connection (HTTPS). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While GuardMetrics has implemented and will maintain appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use commercially acceptable means to maintain the integrity of your Personal Data and have implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, and destruction.
We retain Contact Data that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about GuardMetrics Services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
We regularly review collected data and set data retention policies in order to delete data in accordance with contractual agreements, legal obligations and applicable data protection laws.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
GuardMetrics Services are intended for adults. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect Contact Data from children as defined by applicable law, and we request that children not submit any Personal Data to us. If you are aware that your child or any other child is using our Services, please contact us.
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement at any time to reflect changes to our data practices. Should we make material changes to the manner in which your Data is processed, we will post a notice on our website.
To comment or ask questions about this Privacy Statement and our data practices, or if you need to update, change or remove your information, contact us at the address below:
30725 US HWY 19 N. Suite 322
Palm Harbor, FL USA, Attention: Privacy